Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Home sweet home

I have now experienced almost one year of hostel life. I can just quote these times as the purple hours of my life. I had never been in hostel till I finished my college. I was safe and protected in my parents’ nest. Then came the time to fly out of the haven into the big-big world that was waiting for me. I was never scared of staying in a hostel or repining about it. I was ready to face the outside world. Everything was new here- the place, the language, the lifestyle, the people, the atmosphere and above all my job.

Now leaving beside my job and city, let me take only my life at hostel. Adapting to this new cosmos took me some 3 to 4 months. I was feeling lonely away from home and college friends. Slowly I became one among them or rather I can say they took me into theirs. My initial reserved attitude gradually changed. Since everyone else was elder to me, all my room- mates (9 ppl) started treating me like their kid sister. I was feeling protective again. I realized that God never lets anyone alone. All my apprehensions about how I am going to stay alone vanished because I was not alone anymore. Some of my hostel mates became more than friends with whom I was able to share all my joys and sorrows and discuss about my life and career. They turned to be my philosophers and guides. I got inspired from their experiences.

My personality thereby is getting more and more matured. I am now able to take sensible decisions on my own, manage money that I earn and channelize my thoughts to fulfill my dreams. This sense of self-controlled independence makes me feel proud of myself because I am safe in this path to success which my parents always wanted. Yes, I do sometimes feel nostalgic. It is natural. But that makes me emotionally stronger. My circle of close friends is becoming bigger day by day. So I have not lost anything is this estranged world. I have discovered myself in this home away from home more than what I did at my home itself.


Strangers will never be strangers always. They may one day make you befriend the stranger in you.


This was just a little feeling I sense everyday. To keep this alive forever I am publishing it here. I hope many of you would have had similar experiences in life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A good blog encrypted through short sweet and beautiful phrase

Shiva said...

"Strangers will never be strangers always. They may one day make you befriend the stranger in you." -- very aptly put.

We realize facets of ourselves that we would have hardly given a thought about earlier...very true and let these purple hours enrich you more!!